And what exactly is a "Pillow Gift"? A pillow gift is a small welcome item provided to guests in their hotel room during turndown service and ties into your event via branding or in theme.
If you're trying to promote your brand at a conference this is a unique sponsorship opportunity that has much more impact than a banner on the wall. One of the best ideas I've seen was a pillow case with a very clever, funny tagline printed on it. But the ink was "glow in the dark" ink so guests did not notice the "branding" until they turned off the lights. And then, hopefully, had a big laugh.
Pillow Gifts are a really nice extra touch for your guest speakers or clients to remind them you appreciate their participation in your event. Always include a note card expressing your gratitude along with the gift.
Some ideas for pillow gifts:
- Chocolates - who doesn't love chocolate and you can either place them in a branded box, have the chocolate molded into your logo, or simply bag M&Ms that match your event colors.
- Lotion/Bath amenities - a company called
- Golf Balls - if there is a golf component to your event the guests probably do dream about short puts and long drives....If you go this route be sure to select a high quality golf ball - logos can be put on the best balls as easily as terrible ones. Golfers will appreciate high quality. You can buy these from our store if you need a source.
- Wine - you can provide a nice bottle or 1/2 bottle with your company or wedding ribbon tied around the bottle or a basket with the wine and goodies. You can even have custom wine for your wedding or company and it doesn't take a fortune to have your very own "label". I found Signature Wines to be a great resource for this type of gift - their Rutherford Cab is outstanding. ***Word of caution: make sure your company's legal team approves this prior to ordering and your executive team is on board with providing wine as a gift.
- Spa Robes - okay, if your budget allows this could be the ultimate pillow gift. The brand a lot of 5 star hotels use is "Robeworks" - such nice quality and a front pocket that has a nice space for logos.